This DVD is for concrete contractors who want to learn the facts about ten of the most common misconceptions in concrete construction. It tackles each of the following myths with factual information to help the industry combat the "but this is the way we've always done it" mentality.
Top Ten Myths in Concrete Construction:
1. You should specify a concrete mix by number of bags of cement.
2. Adding water to the mix is the only way to increase slump.
3. Curing concrete means letting it dry.
4. No bleed water and a successful 'footprint' test mean a 'thumbs up' for concrete finishing.
5. Calcium chloride is an antifreeze agent.
6. You can place concrete on frozen ground without any precautions.
7. Reinforced concrete won't crack.
8. Fresh concrete that is flat and level will remain flat and level after hardening.
9. Concrete is impermeable.
10. The higher the concrete strength, the more durable the concrete.