This publication contains a comprehensive summary of the seismic detailing
requirements contained in Chapter 21 of Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (318-05) and Commentary (318R-05), which is adopted by reference in the 2006 International Building Code.
Numerous tables and figures explain and illustrate the provisions for the following components in buildings located in regions of moderate and high seismic risk:
- Flexural members of special moment frames
- Special moment frame members subjected to bending and axial load
- Joints of special moment frames
- Special reinforced concrete structural walls and coupling beams
- Structural diaphragms and trusses
- Frame members not proportioned to resist forces induced by earthquake motions
-Intermediate moment frames.
A supplement CD is provided with the publication that contains electronic files prepared by PCA for design use. The files provide reinforcement details for beams, columns, two-way slabs, walls and foundations that meet the ACI 318 seismic provisions. Each structural element detailing is presented in three formats; Drawing Exchange Format (DXF), Auto Cad (DWG), and Portable Document Format (PDF) for your convenience. The CD content is intended to assist the designer in understanding and implementing seismic detailing of concrete building structural elements in his or her design.